Saturday, July 3, 2010

THA Rally Festival - Saturday

Pre-Rally
6:15am - 6:45am - breakfast
6:45am - 8:30am - pacenotes

At around 8:30am while Justin and Ancil were double checking pace notes...













I was lying down contemplating life...
Having owned the car for 3 days and thus not getting any seat time apart from my drive to work the day before I was wondering... How does the car handle on gravel? What is the learning curve like? What might go wrong?...

Either way my game plan was to take the first half to feel out the car and based on my times work out if to push a bit in the afternoon period. 

Rally Time
This is the moment I'd been waiting for. I knew once the first run was out of the way I'd be cool. The first run was really slow. I was surprised at how slippery the stage was and needed to get used to how the rear of the Clio responded. In each consecutive run I consulted different people and made slight adjustments to my driving style to see which best suited the car.

During the lunch break Jamaican driver Bobby Marshal (arguably top driver in the caribbean in that class) gave me some pointers which I played around with for the remainder of the day.

Results

When results came out I was pleasantly surprised to realise that we had placed 3rd in class...

Overall Winners

1st John Powell / Nicholas Telfer (Tdad) 11 mins 38 seconds
2nd Barry Mckenzie / David Campbell (Tdad) 11 mins 51 seconds
3rd Harold Morley / Geoffrey Goddard (Bdos) 12 mins 05 seconds

4WD group, class 2-N
1st John Powell / Nicholas Telfer (Tdad) 11 mins 38 seconds
2nd Harold Morley / Geoffrey Goddard (Bdos) 12 mins 05 seconds
3rd David Coelho / James Harris (Tdad) 12 mins 14 seconds

4WD group, class 3-A
1st Barry Mckenzie / David Campbell (Tdad) 11 mins 51 seconds
2nd Kumar Ramdass / Matthew Russell (Tdad) 12 mins 47 seconds
3rd Gobin Mahadeo / Justin Gittens (Tdad) 14 mins 59 seconds

2WD group, class 2-3
1st Bobby Marshall / Anand Awai (Jca) 12 mins 53 seconds
2nd Donald Gopaul / Michael Dinnoo (Tdad) 13 mins 12 seconds
3rd Roger Mckenzie / Joshua Plaza (Tdad) 13 mins 39 seconds
Sean Hinds / Ancil Callender (Tdad) 13 mins 39 seconds

2WD group, class 2-4
1st Rezan Mohammed / Arshad Mondro (Tdad) 12 mins 55 seconds
2nd Shelford Robinson / Rajesh Jairam (Tdad) 14 mins 31 seconds
3rd Ansel Ali / Ken Mohammed (Tdad) 15 mins 40 seconds


















I have a whole lot to learn but I'm satisfied with my development thus far.

No comments:

Post a Comment